Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Napier Barracks: Further cases of Covid-19 among asylum seekers


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 264
Date:
Napier Barracks: Further cases of Covid-19 among asylum seekers
Permalink  
 


Napier Barracks: Further cases of Covid-19 among asylum seekers

 

_116804690_hi065379324.jpg

 

Several asylum seekers housed at a former military site have been removed from dormitories after they caught Covid-19,
the Home Office confirmed.

 

Start a lot of slot wallet with many themes and styles to choose from for all members to win bets and have a chance to
enjoy daily slots games according to their style such as laptops, iPads, mobile phones, etc. You can Contact us 24 hours
a day.

 

The department has not given figures for those infected at Kent's Napier Barracks but said there had been
"a small number" of cases.

 

An outbreak at the camp in Folkestone in January led to 200 people catching the virus and calls for its closure.

 

The Home Office said all public health protocols were being followed.

 

In June, the High Court ruled the decision to house cross-Channel migrants at the base was unlawful, after six people

housed there took the government to court over what they said were "squalid" and "unsafe" conditions.

 

On Thursday, the government confirmed all those who had tested positive had been removed from dormitories,
but could not say if others were self-isolating.

 

However, the Press Association has reported four dormitory blocks are in isolation after three cases of coronavirus
were found, and also understands new transfers to Napier were halted after the court judgement, but resumed
about two weeks ago.

 

About 230 people are currently living at the site, which uses dormitory-style accommodation.



-- Edited by lily on Friday 13th of August 2021 05:49:30 AM

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard